We are less than 30 mins away from the LONG awaited season 4 premier of The Game. Fans of The Game have been waiting for over a year and a half to find out what happens next. That’s given me PLENTY of time to make my predictions. Let me just say, I haven’t reviewed any of the previous episodes because I knew it would drive me crazy, I would keep wanting to hit fast forward. THAT’S how excited I am. Anyway, from memory, here are my predictions:
- A paternity test is going to show that Derwin is NOT the father. If you remember, when the San Diego Sabers were celebrating their Championship win on the party bus, Janay was acting kind of shifty. It could be nothing, but if you paid any kind of attention to that scene, it’s like the director was foreshadowing some kind of drama. (Then again, directors do that all the time without actually following through)
- Jason and his girlfriend Camille will break up when she finds out his career is over. It was already coming to an end, but she’s either going to leave him because his career is over, or because she doesn’t know how to deal with and comfort him when he’s freakin out over stuff like his career being over.
- We all know Kelly and Jason are going to get back together… eventually. But first Kelly’s probably going to get engaged to some random guy and Jason’s going to get jealous. Their relationship seems to be in a ping-pong effect. First Jason needs to get back with Kelly, then Kelly, then Jason, season 3 ended with Kelly wanting Jason back. Now it’s going to be Jason’s turn.
- Tasha and Rick are going to get married. But something’s going to go terribly wrong and they’ll get a divorce. Possibly right before she tells him she’s pregnant??? You know she’s going to have to get pregnant. Her son is her life, and he’s getting older. The directors are going to want to put her “mom” skills to work some kind of way.
- Malik will go from the $40 million kid to the $20 million kid. In other words, his career will slow wayyy down. But it seems like Malik was softening up by the end of season 3, so I don’t think he’s going to mind it so much. Especially if he has a girlfriend who he loves…OR Malik will work on his relationship with his father and half sister.
- Pucci is probably going to make it big, but won’t be on the show.
- Janay will probably try to get rid of Melanie some kind of way. It probably won’t work, but it’ll probably irritate the hell outta Melanie. Ooh and just for kicks, lets say that she finds a new man, and Derwin gets jealous. Hummm… spicy!!!
I’m sure I could go on and on and on, but I don’t want to give ALL my ideas away.
Keep in mind, The Game is being aired on a completely different network this season. AND, they’re trying to SAVE the show because they THINK it would do better on BET than it did on CW. So this means there are probably going to be new ideas (even though they’re keeping the same writers and directors). So some of those foreshadowing scenes may just be ignored. They may just want to start the show like it’s a whole new show. We’ll See.
Here’s my biggest concern: BET has spent SOO much airtime, money, and other methods of advertising to get everyone hype about the show. I’m just worried that BET set such a high bar for the season premier, that it just won’t be reached. Don’t get me wrong, I love The Game more than anyone on this earth, but I’m just worried that they over advertised and can’t follow through.
My concern intensified when I read the plot of the premier episode called “Parachutes… Beach Chairs.” You want to know what’s going to happen in the season 4 premier? The Game fan page on Facebook put out a little plot review, so here it is. So that I don’t spoil anything, I’m going to keep the details out.
- Melanie is going to try to get between Derwin and his son.
- Kelly is going to have her own reality show.
A couple of random facts:
- Coby Bell signed a contract with the tv show Burn Notice on USA. Therefore, I HEAR he will not be officially a part of the cast, but he will have a recurring roll. Hopefully that will change sooner than later.
- Tia Mowry-Hardrict is pregnant and due in July!! Her pregnancy will be made into a documentary for the Style network. I also hear she has a reality show with her sister? More details to come.
MAKE SURE TO WATCH THE GAME TONIGHT AT 10 EST ON BET!!! Support the show so they can know how much I.. I mean WE need the show.
Do you have any predictions for this season? Share them!